It began when I tried to put Arabic HTML files under the HTTP Apache and tried to access it which didn’t work. Though, I tried to make a work around that included reading the Arabic named HTML files from a Servlet.
The environment I tested that on is Windows with Arabic as the Non-Unicode charset.
I tried to read a file named “عربي.htm” which didn’t work by any chance, when I found out that I need to embed the file name in Unicode, then try to read a file with the specified Unicode name. I found the most simple way to test this is to use windows tool “charmap”, to find each character Unicode.
So it worked like this :
String filename = "\u0639\u0631\u0628\u064A.htm";
FileInputStream fileRead = new FileInputStream(filename);
It worked fine!.
Note: Still I am investigating on HTTP Apache to make it read Arabic filenames.